Skip to Main Content Skip to Footer Toggle Navigation Menu
Melrose Hall

New Online and Continuing Education Students

Choose Language:

Are you a new student on Linfield’s Online and Continuing Education?

During the process of applying for and receiving financial aid, you will find additional information and resources here that are specific to Linfield's Online and Continuing Education (OCE). We are here to support your journey. If you have questions, please contact us.

At this time, the following Online and Continuing Education programs are not eligible for financial aid at Linfield University:

Adult Degree Pathways

  • Elementary Education with Special Education Endorsement


  • Elementary Education
  • Elementary Education with Special Education Endorsement
  • Secondary Education

For additional information please contact the Office of Financial Aid to speak with a counselor about your financial options if you are interested in any of the ineligible Adult Degree Pathways or certificate programs listed above.


Paying for college

Financial aid is available from sources other than scholarship aid. Many students who do not qualify for academic scholarships still receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans or work opportunities. To apply for financial aid as a new student to Linfield, you must complete these steps first.

Completing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) will help determine your expected contribution. This is your first step after being accepted to Linfield.

Cost of Attendance (COA) - Expected Family Contribution  (EFC) = Financial Need.

Types of financial aid for OCE students


Scholarships and grants are often called "gift aid" because they are free money – financial aid that does not have to be repaid. Scholarships are usually merit-based, while grants are often need-based.

Learn more

Federal and state grants

Federal and state grants are based on eligibility of specific needs. Explore the options to see what might apply to your situation.

Learn more


A loan is borrowed money which you will pay back. There are some low-interest, fixed-rate federal as well as private options for you or your parents.
Learn more