As a regular status employee working .50 FTE or greater, you are eligible to participate in College-sponsored benefit programs. March 3rd through March 31st, 2014 is Open Enrollment – the period of time you can:
- enroll eligible dependents whom you are not currently covering in medical and dental plans;
- change from one medical plan to another (choosing between Kaiser Permanente and Pioneer Educators Health Trust);
- enroll in Medical Expense and/or Dependent Care Flex Spending Accounts. (Please note that you MUST re-enroll each benefit year to participate in the Flex Spending Account plan); and
- enroll in or increase your voluntary life insurance for yourself, your dependents or your spouse through LifeMap, Linfield's disability and life insurance provider. You may also update or change your beneficiaries for your college-paid life insurance.
Take advantage of the open enrollment period to initiate enrollment, terminate coverage, or make changes to your eligible dependent coverage. Except in the situations noted in your plan document, the open enrollment period is the only time an employee may change benefit options or modify enrollment. All change requests and enrollments must be received by the Office of Human Resources no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 31, 2014.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) are available to provide pre-tax reimbursement for Health Care and Dependent Care expenses. You must re-enroll annually during Open Enrollment to participate. The maximum annual contribution limit for Health Care Spending accounts is $2,500 and the maximum contribution limit for Dependent Care Spending accounts is $5,000.
IMPORTANT FSA NOTE: On November 1st, the U.S. Department of the Treasury approved employers with Health Flexible Spending Accounts to allow active participants to carryover up to $500 of their unused balance into the next plan year. Linfield will amend the existing Health Flexible Spending Plan to allow for the $500 carryover to be effective for the current plan year.
Employees will continue to have a 90 day run-off period to turn in receipts for health-related expenses incurred from April 1, 2013 through March 31, 2014.
- Participants can carryover up to $500 and also make a full election for the new plan year (total balance available could be up to $3,000 for groups with a $2,500 maximum).
- You do not have to reenroll in the FSA at renewal to carry forward your unused balance from the previous plan year. It will automatically be moved into an account for you as long as you remain with your employer. The carryover will be credited to the new plan year once the run out period for submitting the previous year's claims has been completed (April 1, 2014 through June 30, 2014).
- Only active, eligible employees may participate in the Health Flexible Spending Plan carryover.
We also encourage to you continue to explore Linfield’s Employee Assistance Program provider, Reliant Behavioral Health (RBH). This enhanced program provides:
- up to 7 free, confidential counseling sessions per issue for employees and household members per year
- 24-hour crisis help
- personal legal, financial and mediation assistance
- identity theft services
- home ownership consultation program
- wellness coaching
- will preparation
- referral assistance for childcare and adult/eldercare
- pet concierge services
Are you ready to complete enrollment forms?
If so, you may access fill-in enrollment forms for changes by clicking on the attached links below. Please type in your information, print and sign the form, and send to the Office of Human Resources for processing no later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday, March 31st. If you don’t wish to make any changes and don’t want to participate in the Flexible Spending Account, you have no forms to complete. In addition to the documents below, further detail can be found in the Open Enrollment Guide, and on our Employee Benefits webpage.
Any changes you make will be effective April 1, 2014 through March 31, 2015.
Have you checked out the Portal?
If you haven't already, take a moment to register to use the new Employee Self-Service Portal. The Self-Service Portal is a single secure online application used to view and manage many elements of employment information, including pay stubs, direct deposit, tax withholding information (W-4) , W-2 annual statements and more!
Contact Betty Henninger in the Office of Human Resources at 503-883-2568; email@example.com, or stop by Melrose 102 if you have questions.
Useful Reference Documents
Downloadable Open Enrollment Files
|File Name||File Type|
|Flexible Spending Account Open Enrollment Form|
|Medical/Dental Insurance Enrollment Form and Marriage/Same-Sex Domestic Partner Affidavit|
|Voluntary Life Insurance Enrollment Form|